Friday, August 17, 2012

Small cost, big result...

My love language is gifts. I was a little bummed when I figured it out because I thought it made me sound materialistic. The thing is that while I do love nice, pretty things, it does not take those things for me to feel loved. A very close second in the love language category for me is words of affirmation so I LOVE getting a card (gift) with a personal note in it (words of affirmation). You may wonder why I'm telling this on my blog. It is not a way for me to fish for presents and cards!!! :) I'm writing this because I have a husband who completely understands this about me. He took the kids to school this morning. When he got back, I went out to my van to leave and found this in the seat:
A Boberry biscuit (actually 2... one for me to have this morning and the other for tomorrow). I LOVE boberry biscuits. I got out my phone to call him, and he answered, "I see that smile on your face." He was spying on me from the office window. It made my day. It filled my love tank. It only cost him $1.83. Challenge: do something today for someone you love that seems insignficant to you but means the world to them.

No comments: